Travis Scott & Kylie Jenner 'have been sobbing' since Astroworld as rapper says he 'couldn't see from the stage'

DEVASTATED Travis Scott and Kylie Jenner "have been sobbing" since the Astroworld tragedy and the rapper "couldn't see anything from the stage," a source has exclusively told The Sun.

The rapper and his pregnant girlfriend, who are believed to still be in Houston after eight people were killed at Travis' festival, are keeping a low profile, but have been left reeling.


"Travis and Kylie have been sobbing on the phone to their teams and trying to figure out what happened," a source close to the pair told The Sun.

"They found out after the show on Friday that people had died, but they were initially told it was someone injecting drugs and that a number of people went into cardiac arrest in the same spot.

"They had no idea of what truly happened until much later on, and they are heartbroken over the situation.

"Drake was a guest at the festival, he was on stage and then went straight to the after-party at Dave & Buster's where he was also told and immediately left."

The insider claims Travis was using an in-ear monitor headphone during the concert and nobody told him to stop the show, despite videos showing desperate fans begging security to intervene.

"The female fan who tried to get the cameraman's attention was about 50 yards away, and nobody told Travis to pull the plug," they said.

"He did pause earlier in the night to make sure someone was OK and even said turn the lights on, but he was then told to continue.

"It's not his job to say stop, it's the fire department and this didn't happen. The fire marshals didn't intervene.

Read our Travis Scott Astroworld Festival live blog for the very latest news and updates…

"There were pyrotechnics on stage and lights in his eyes, it's a mammoth stadium, he couldn't see what was truly happening in the crowd."

The lawsuits are still coming for the rapper, and entertainment company Live Nation.

Drake, who has also been named in some of the lawsuits, issued a statement Monday regarding the tragedy.

“My heart is broken for the families and friends of those who lost their lives and for anyone who is suffering. I will continue to pray for all of them and will be of service in any way I can. May God be with you all.

Around 50,000 fans arrived in Houston for the first night of the sold-out, two-day event.

According to Texas officials, the crowd began to "compress towards the front of the stage" at around 9.15pm, sparking panic.

A "mass casualty incident" was declared minutes later at 9.38pm.

It emerged that Travis played for more than 30 minutes after the mass casualty announcement.

The New York Times and the Houston Chronicle report that Travis was still on stage at 10:.5pm.

He had briefly stopped the show at 9.42pm, calling for help for a concertgoer who had passed out. He then resumed the show, Insider reports.

It remains unclear how many people were injured but authorities told the local Fox affiliate several people were in need of medical attention.

Houston Police Executive Assistant Chief Larry Satterwhite said the tragedy "all happened all at once."

He said: "It seemed like it just happened… over the course of just a few minutes.

"Suddenly we had several people down on the ground, experiencing some type of cardiac arrest or some type of medical episode."

Kylie Jenner, Travis' girlfriend, reacted to the tragedy on Instagram, claiming she did not know people had died at the concert until after the show.

Meanwhile, Kendall Jenner says she's been left "truly broken" following the stampede.



We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The US Sun team?

Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS

    Source: Read Full Article