Simon McCoy has quit GB News, following the footsteps of chairman Andrew Neil who left the news channel earlier this year.
During his time at the broadcaster, Simon featured on The Great British Breakfast alongside Kirsty Gallacher.
Simon was officially announced to be joining GB News in March, but the news channel didn’t launch until June.
The former BBC broadcaster said at the time: "I’ve spent my career on broadcasting firsts and start-ups, and GB News is one of the most exciting yet. It’s just the kind of shake-up the industry needs.”
GB News has since confirmed the news of Simon’s departure on Friday 10 December, and said that the 60 year old broadcaster was leaving “for personal reasons”.
Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter . You can sign up at the top of the page.
Simon’s expected to officially leave the company in the New Year.
Addressing his departure, CEO Angelos Frangopoulos said in a statement: “Simon is an outstanding broadcaster and we’re sorry to see him go.”
“We remain open to ways we can work with him in future,” he added.
Simon is yet to publicly comment on his exit.
The news of Simon’s leaving comes just a day afterThis Morning’s Eamonn Holmes was announced to be joining GB News in January.
Eamonn said in a statement: “I’ve spent my career on broadcasting firsts and start-ups, and GB News is one of the most exciting yet. It’s just the kind of shake-up the industry needs.”
He added: “I’ve admired GB News from the beginning for its clever mix of punchy debate but delivered with warmth and even some fun.
“To me the greatest honour in journalism is to give a voice and respect to the unheard, and that’s exactly what GB News is all about.”
Eamon, who had been on This Morning for 15 years, also took to Twitter to share the news.
“Here is The News ….. I'm joining @GBNEWS from The New Year,” he said.
“Hope you are coming with me and wish me well. In the meantime Compliments of The Season to you and thanks for your support folks.”
In light of his announcement, an insider told The Mirror that the 62 year old TV presenter will be “missed” by ITV viewers.
They told the publication: “Eamonn’s move to GB News marks the end of an era.
“He’ll be missed by many ITV viewers but, the truth is, this job offer probably came at just the right moment for both him and ITV. All good things come to an end.”
For updates on all your favourite celebs, sign up to our daily newsletter here.
Source: Read Full Article