‘Devastated’ Amanda Holden takes week off radio show for half term after dodging fine for breaking Covid lockdown rules

AMANDA Holden is taking a week off from her Heart radio show after breaching lockdown to see her parents in Cornwall.

The 49-year-old star, who said she was "devastated" to have broken the rules, has long had the time booked off for half term.

Heart presenter Lucy Horobin is standing in for her alongside Jamie Theakston on the Breakfast Show this week.

The Sun revealed this weekend that Amanda had been reported to police after travelling 215 miles to see her parents in Cornwall.

The Britain’s Got Talent judge said she had received a “distressing phone call” from stepdad Leslie, 75.

Amanda was seen being dropped off in a black Mercedes at the home of her mum Judith, 71, and stepdad on Friday.


It was confirmed yesterday that the star will not be fined over the trip.

Her spokesperson explained: "Amanda is aware of the rules and is devastated she had to break them.”

They added: "Amanda is aware that all families are going through difficulty during these turbulent times but received a distressing telephone call from her elderly father on Friday afternoon.

“On balance Amanda felt the round trip to Cornwall necessary to contain the matter at her family home. The very personal situation has now been aided and Amanda is back in London.

“Amanda did not act on a whim and has adhered to Covid rules every step of the way in all three lockdowns.

“Amanda is aware of the travel rules and is devastated she had to break them on this one occasion.

“Her parents are vaccinated and, with Amanda testing for Covid weekly, she felt she was not putting her parents at risk. She did not come in contact with any member of the public.”

It is understood Amanda had not seen Judith and Les for a year.

Source: Read Full Article