AJ Pritchard fought back tears as he opened up about his girlfriend Abbie Quinnen’s horror accident on today’s This Morning.
The dancer, 26, revealed he waited outside all night after Abbie was rushed to hospital after being engulfed in flames when the couple's social media stunt went wrong– despite the fact he couldn’t be with her due to Covid restrictions.
Joined by his brother Curtis for support, while Abbie recovered upstairs, AJ said: “ I sat outside the hospital all night, knowing she wasn't going to even come out that night, knowing it was very serious.
"I was outside the hospital just sat there. I didn't know what to do.
"Curtis was telling me to go home because she wasn't going to be coming out yet.
"I just couldn't leave her side, even though I couldn't go into the hospital because of COVID.
"I just waited for her.
"She ended up staying in hospital for five nights, moving from the intensive care unit at Ealing to the burns unit at Chelsea and Westminster."
Following the January 19th incident, Abbie has undergone three skin grafts, and while doctors are unsure about what exactly her recovery will look like going forward, AJ admitted the possibility of laser treatment to help heal certain areas has been discussed.
But for now, medics have dubbed her "Super Abbie" because she is "healing fantastically".
AJ said: "The surgeons have done a fantastic job.
"Regarding moving forward with her recovery, the doctors have talked to us but they don't know.
"She's healing fantastic. They call her Super Abbie, because her skin is doing amazing.
"We feed her the best foods to give her all the nutrition we can do.
"Further down the line, there is an option of having laser on certain areas to help heal.
"But right now, it's just focusing on what we can do each day, and seeing those small improvements, which feel like massive steps forward."
AJ's brother Curtis Pritchard added: "Time will tell, that's the main thing."
The former 'Strictly Come Dancing' pro admitted it was the "happiest day of his life" when Abbie was able to come home from hospital.
Speaking on 'This Morning', he added: "Picking her up from hospital was the happiest day of my life.
"Seeing her walk to me and get out of the wheelchair.
"That first couple of weeks all we could do was clean the wounds every four hours and help in that way."
AJ and professional dancer Abbie, 23, were filming a life hack video, showing their million Instagram followers how to cut a glass bottle in half to use it as a vase.
The risky trick involves dipping a rope in a flammable chemical, wrapping it around the bottle and setting it alight.
Their attempt ending in the bottle blowing up, sparking a fireball that engulfed Abbie.
AJ, who also appeared last November on I’m A Celebrity, put out the flames and called 999.
But on being told there would be a wait for an ambulance, brother Curtis — a 25-year-old dancer who has appeared on Love Island — sped them to Ealing Hospital 20 minutes away where Abbie went into intensive care.
Source: Read Full Article