Harry Redknapp has revealed his dog Lulu has tragically died before Christmas.
Former football manager Harry, 73, took to Instagram on Wednesday to share his heartache after losing his beloved pooch.
Harry and his wife Sandra also have another dog, Barney.
Sharing a sweet photograph of Lulu cuddling up to his other dog Barney, Harry told his 1.3million followers the sad news.
He wrote: "We are very sad to have lost our lovely Lulu on Sunday morning…
"11 and a half years of love, lots of cuddles and walks (Which was Lulus favourite thing to do) Forever in mine, Sandra's and Barney's hearts."
His fans left their condolences in the comments, as one wrote: "So sorry to hear your sad news."
While another penned: "Sorry to hear that Harry. Dogs are part of the family."
"Heartbreaking. Our thoughts are with you", typed a third.
The sad news comes after Harry revealed he was shaken up as his dog Barney nearly died after eating Christmas cake.
Harry said the Christmas cake contained currants which are poisonous to dogs.
Harry urged fellow dog owners to be careful at Christmas time as he told The Sun: "Barney's a bit of a boy, so Barney's ate the Christmas cake. So we take him to the vet, and they have to pump its stomach, because currants, that would kill them, they would die.
"It would have killed him. So poor Lulu, who hasn't eaten any, they pumped her stomach just in case she'd ate some, and no one knew, and she hasn't even done nothing wrong really, but she had to suffer as well."
He added that "a dog is not only for Christmas. A dog is for life."
Source: Read Full Article