Gogglebox: Paige asks ‘who’s that’ when ABBA come on the TV
ABBA may have only been around for around 10 years, but they made an indelible mark on pop music. The amazing songwriting and beautiful singing meant their catchy tunes wowed audiences around the world. Many of their songs are party staples – but can you complete the line to the famous lyric?
ABBA formed in 1972 with two couples, Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad, known as Frida, and Agnetha Fältskog and Björn Ulvaeus.
They made eight albums together during their first stint as a band, and won the Eurovision Song Contest for their native Sweden.
They disbanded in 1982 after both couples split, only to remain separated until very recently when they recorded more songs for an innovative ‘Abbatars’ virtual touring project.
Their songs are ingrained in many of our minds due to years of intensive radio play – so can you finish these famous ABBA lyrics? You can earn an extra point from naming the song.
READ MORE: James Bond behind the scenes: How were James Bond locations chosen?
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
1. Complete the lyric: “Where are those happy days, they seem so hard to find?”
2. Complete the lyric: “In my dreams I have a plan/If I got me a wealthy man”
3. Complete the lyric: “And here we go again, we know the start, we know the end”
4. Complete the lyric: “I feel a kind of fear/When I don’t have you near”
5. Complete the lyric: “There’s not a soul out there”
6. Complete the lyric: “My, my, I tried to hold you back but you were stronger”
7. Complete the lyric: “Just one look and I can hear a bell ring”
8. Complete the lyric: “Anybody could be that guy/Night is young and the music’s high”
9. Complete the lyric: “Breaking up is never easy, I know but I have to go”
10. Complete the lyric: “If you see the wonder of a fairy tale”
11. Complete the lyric: “The gods may throw a dice/Their minds as cold as ice”
12. Complete the lyric: “Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty/What would life be?
1. “I tried to reach for you, but you have closed your mind” – from S.O.S
2. “I wouldn’t have to work at all/I’d fool around and have a ball” – from Money, Money, Money
3. “Masters of the scene” – from Voulez-Vous
4. “Unsatisfied/I skip my pride/I beg you, dear…” – from Lay Your Love on Me
5. “No one to hear my prayer” – from Gimme, Gimme, Gimme
6. “Oh yeah, and now it seems my only chance is giving up the fight” – from Waterloo
7. “One more look and I forget everything, woah” – from Mamma Mia
8. “With a bit of rock music, everything is fine/You’re in the mood for a dance” – from Dancing Queen
9. “Knowing me, knowing you/It’s the best I can do” – from Knowing Me, Knowing You
10. “You can take the future even if you fail” – from I Have a Dream
11. “And someone way down here/Loses someone dear” – from The Winner Takes it All
12. “Without a song or a dance what are we?” – from Thank You For the Music
Source: Read Full Article