IT might be Good Friday today, but there's still plenty of time to get an Easter shop in if you're planning a Sunday roast.
Tesco is keeping it's doors open on Friday, Saturday and Monday – here's everything you need to know.
Is Tesco open over Easter?
Opening hours at Tesco will depend on the type of store you're visiting.
The supermarket has limited its general opening hours with stores closing at 10pm to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
On top of that, the Easter weekend means even more changes to opening times.
The majority of locations will be open except on the Sunday when stores in England and Wales will be shut.
Here's the opening hours for the whole weekend:
Good Friday – April 10
- All Tesco Extras and Metro stores will be open 8am – 8pm
- Tesco Express shops will be open usual hours.
Fridays between 9am-10am are set aside for more vulnerable and elderly customers and Tesco is asking other customers not to shop then
Saturday – April 11
- Tesco Extras and Metro stores will be open 6am – 10pm
- Tesco Express stores will open for their usual hours.
Easter Sunday – April 12
- Tesco, Tesco Extra Superstores and Metro stores will be closed in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Tesco Extra Superstores and Metro stores will be open in Scotland from 8am – 8pm
- All Express convenience stores will be open for their usual hours.
- Superstores and Metro stores in England and Wales will be open from 8am – 6pm.
- Northern Ireland Tesco Extras will be open 10am – 7pm.
- Scotland's Tesco Extra Superstroes will be open 8am – 8pm.
- All Express convenience stores are open usual hours.
While Tesco has confirmed that these are its typical opening hours, it says that some hours may vary by store, so you need to check the store locator.
Is Tesco doing home delivery?
Home delivery is operating as normal over the Easter break, but coronavirus means you might struggle to get a slot.
Each store has a limited number of delivery slots which are available on a first come, first serve basis. Because of recent increased customer demand, Tesco says its slots are being booked up faster than normal.
Lots of stores also offer Click+Collect slots which may be suitable for you if you’re still looking to place an order.
You can also book a slot in advance and add a few items to your basket to secure it, which you can go back and update later.
At the time of writing there were no delivery slots available before April 27.
When are the Easter holidays 2019?
Good Friday falls on April 10 this year, while Easter Monday is on April 13.
Most schools have broken up for the holidays, but dates vary in different areas so you should check your school or council's website.
It is not yet clear whether schools will open after the Easter break or if they will remain closed because of coronavirus.
When are the bank holiday dates for 2020?
Here is the full list of upcoming 2020 bank holidays in England and Wales.
- Friday, April 10 (Good Friday)
- Monday, April 13 (Easter Monday)
- Monday, May 8 (Early May Bank Holiday)
- Monday, May 25 (Spring Bank Holiday)
- Monday, August 31 (Summer Bank Holiday)
- Friday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Monday, December 28 (substitute Boxing Day)
Dates in Scotland and Northern Ireland vary.
Easter 2020: what date is it this year and why does it change each year?
Easter Universal Credit, benefits and tax credit payment dates explained.
Chocolate fans queue to get onto Cadbury’s website to buy Easter eggs – but it’s stopped taking orders.
Source: Read Full Article