MCDONALD’S fans are gutted after the fast food chain reminded customers that it’s axing 4 items from its menu next week.
Maccies is getting rid of katsu chicken nuggets, the Big Tasty, the Big Tasty with bacon and Galaxy Salted Caramel McFlurry as part of its latest menu shake-up.
These items launched on December 30 for a six-week period, so the last day to get them is this Tuesday, February 9.
But some fans are sad to see the back of these additions, especially the katsu chicken nuggets.
In an update on Twitter, McDonald’s reminded fans that they only have days left to enjoy the nugs.
The fast food chain said: “New Transfer incoming, check out our #KatsuAtMcDonalds while you still can. #DeadlineDay”
What items is McDonald’s removing from its menu next week?
MCDONALD’S will remove the following items from its menu next week.
The last day to get these Maccies products will be February 9.
- The Big Tasty – £4.39 (individual burger) £5.99 (meal)
- The Big Tasty with bacon – £4.89 (individual burger) £6.39 (meal)
- Katsu Curry Chicken McNuggets – £3.59 (six) £4.09 (nine) £5.99 (20)
- Galaxy Salted Caramel McFlurry – £1.39 (regular) 99p (mini)
Replying to the tweet, one McDonald’s fan said: “WHEN ARE YOU DISCONTINUING THEM?”
Another said: “These should be permanent.”
A third said: “Please never get rid of them they are amazing.”
A fourth added: “Noooooo keep them forever, they are bloomin’ delish.”
If you haven't tried the katsu chicken nuggets, they're made from 100% chicken breast and coated in crispy katsu curry panko breadcrumbs.
McDonald's had always planned on running them for a limited time only and will introduce new menu options in their replacement.
Fans will instead be able to buy the returning Grand Big Mac, mozzarella dippers, McFlurry Flake and McFlurry raspberry Flake.
There will also be a new Homestyle Crispy Chicken sandwich added to the menu.
What’s is being added to the McDonald’s menu?
MCDONALD’S is switching up its menu on February 10 for six weeks.
Here's what will be available:
- Grand Big Mac (£4.39 for just the burger, or £5.79 for a medium meal)
- Grand Big Mac with Bacon (£4.79 for just the burger, or £6.19 for a medium meal)
- NEW Homestyle Crispy Chicken (£4.79 for just the burger, or £6.09 for a medium meal)
- Mozzarella Dippers (£1.89 for three dippers or £5.09 for nine dippers)
- McFlurry Flake (99p for mini size, or £1.39 for a regular size)
- McFlurry Raspberry Flake (99p for mini size, or £1.39 for a regular size)
These will also only be around for six weeks, so until March 23.
McDonald’s restaurants are currently closed for dine-in and walk-in takeaway.
But customers can still order for home delivery via Just Eat or Uber Eats, or through a McDonald's drive-thru.
Just keep in mind that if you're ordering food from Just Eat or Uber Eats, you'll pay extra for delivery.
This usually varies depending on how far away from the restaurant you are and you'll be told the price before you pay for your food.
You can find your nearest McDonald's by using its restaurant locator tool.
For more McDonald's news, see how to get a McChicken Sandwich for just 99p.
Here are six changes Maccies fans should know about when getting their fast food hit.
And here’s what those mystery buttons mean on the drinks lids of your Maccies order.
Source: Read Full Article