AUTUMN is getting ever closer, which means a whole new world of workwear styling opportunities: cosy knitwear, anyone?
If you're one of the many workers unable to carry out your job from home, now is a great time to get your seasonal work wardrobe in order—and if you're WFH, it definitely can't hurt to be prepared for those Zoom meetings on chilly mornings, either.
Jumpers are a staple layering piece as we head into the cooler months and it's always wise to have a stylish selection on rotation for work. They provide the foundations to any seasonal look and can be dressed up or down, depending on your needs—and of course, the options are endless.
The best work jumpers for women are comfy yet cosy, and should elevate your go-to professional attire. Polonecks, chunky cable knits, fitted cashmeres, slouchy oversized styles and V-neck sweaters are all gloriously cosy options that can look super chic for work too.
This season, we're seeing voluminous sleeves, patchwork and caramel hues as key jumper trends for AW20. Jil Sander sent a heavenly cream tonal look down the runway, which is a perfectly sophisticated vibe you can channel at work, while Fendi's Milan show was a masterclass in layering, with deep V neck sweaters worn over razor-sharp collared shirts.
Whether you want to pay a nod to the catwalks, or go for something classic and timeless, we've searched the web to bring you the very best jumpers for work this season. Meet your new layering heroes below.
This article and featured products have been independently chosen by Sun journalists. It contains links which are ads, and if you click a link and buy a product we will earn revenue.
1. Best cream work jumper: Woolen Bloom's Crew Neck Pullover Jumper
- (AD) Woolen Bloom's Crew Neck Pullover Jumper, from £29.99 from Amazon – buy here
There's something so quintessentially chic and elegant about cream knitwear, so we just had to begin with this beauty from Woolen Bloom.
Featuring a classic pullover crew neck and a relaxed silhouette, it's knitted with a touch of merino wool for cosiness, and looks perfectly polished for work whether teamed with cream trousers or an A-line skirt.
It comes with glowing five-star reviews too, with one reviewer saying: "It looks fantastic on. It feels fantastic in."
We'll have some of that please!
2. Best staple work jumper: MERAKI Women's Jumper
- (AD) MERAKI Women's Jumper, from £7.44 from Amazon – buy here
If you're looking for a jumper to wear as a base layer to work, it's best to go for something lightweight and fitted—just like this elegant one by MERAKI.
We're loving the slim fit and v-neckline. Wear it with trousers and an ankle boot for an effortlessly polished workwear look.
3. Best sustainable work jumper: Kieran Cashmere Button Back Sweater
- Kieran Cashmere Button Back Sweater, £228 from Reformation – buy here
It doesn't get much more immaculate than the Kieran Cashmere Button Back Sweater from Reformation.
Made from recycled cashmere, it's a luxurious piece that is sure to elevate your work-drobe for years to come.
If you don't trust yourself with a cream sweater then don't worry, it comes in black too. BRB, saving for both.
4. Best statement work jumper: COLLUSION boxy striped jumper
- COLLUSION boxy striped jumper, £18 from Asos – buy here
How adorable is this colourful striped jumper by Collision?
This knitted beauty is perfect for those wanting to inject a little statement style into their workwear. Even though it's a little daring on the colour-front, it can be made to look smart with the right clothing.
Layer it over a white collar blouse and add black chinos.
5. Best smart-casual work jumper: Colorful Standard Classic Organic Cotton Sweatshirt
- Colorful Standard Classic Organic Cotton Sweatshirt, £50 from Liberty – buy here
Nothing beats the look and feel of a quality cotton sweatshirt, especially when you have a hard day of work ahead of you.
With a crew-neck and long sleeves, this soft jumper by Colorful Standard is perfect for days when you want to be comfy but still look good.
It's a well-made staple piece that will stay classic and timeless, whatever the trends—which kinda makes it a bargain in the long-term. Winning!
6. Best navy work jumper: Charlotte Relaxed Jumper
- Charlotte Relaxed Jumper – Navy, £65 from Boden – buy here
Sweet, preppy and well-made, the Charlotte Relaxed Jumper is just the right style for neat office outfits.
The combination of cotton and wool makes this one oh-so soft, with dropped shoulders for a relaxed fit.
Let the pink border along the bottom really pop by wearing yours with navy or white tailored trousers.
7. Best bargain knit work jumper: Mango Ribbed Knit Sweater
- Ribbed Knit Sweater, £35.99 from Mango – buy here
You can't go wrong with an affordable knit.
Mango's Ribbed Knit Sweater is less than £36, ideal for adding to your wardrobe of office attire for when the temperature drops.
It comes in ecru as well, but we love the pale pink shade, especially to pair with navy and cream hues.
8. Best v-neck work jumper: Autograph Pure Cashmere V-Neck Relaxed Jumper
- Autograph Pure Cashmere V-Neck Relaxed Jumper, £89 from M&S – buy here
V-necks and work go hand in hand. You can have a shirt poking out the top or keep it simple, either way they're so versatile.
And M&S have a premium-quality design that will definitely last you through a lot of wear, crafted from pure cashmere.
Black is ideal for throwing on with bold colours, basic browns and everything in-between.
9. Best two-in-one work jumper: River Island Grey Boucle Pie Crust Collar Jumper
- Grey Boucle Pie Crust Collar Jumper, £38 from River Island – buy here
We have a secret: there's not actually a shirt underneath this jumper. Nobody has to know.
The ruffled sleeves and collar poking out of this boucle jumper are just there for decoration, creating a really chic and sophisticated piece.
After all, there's nothing worse than getting hot and stuffy whilst you're trying to concentrate, shirts can sometimes make for tricky layering too.
10. Best argyle work jumper: Weekday Doodle Recycled V Neck Argyle Sweater in Brown
- Weekday Doodle Recycled V Neck Argyle Sweater in Brown, £35 from Asos – buy here
Not only is Argyle knit a formal classic, it's also bang on-trend this season which is why we're loving the Weekday Doodle Recycled sweater.
As it has dropped shoulders and a relaxed shape, you can layer shirts underneath this or stick to pairing it with chinos on its own.
Plus, it's from their recycled collection which is all the more reason to treat yourself.
11. Best sleeveless work jumper: Free People Skye Cashmere Pullover
- Skye Cashmere Pullover, £118 from Free People – buy here
After seeing the Skye Cashmere Pullover, we don't want to wear sleeves on our jumpers ever again.
The roomy silhouette shapes the roll neck so beautifully, and don't get us started on the ribbed cashmere.
We recommend wearing this with wide-leg tailoring to perfect that effortless aesthetic.
12. Best frilly work jumper: Monsoon Sandra Scoop Ruffle Pointelle Jumper
- Monsoon Sandra Scoop Ruffle Pointelle Jumper, £49 from Very.co.uk – buy here
The frilled collar of this Monsoon Sandra Scoop Ruffle Pointelle Jumper takes it up a notch from being your average knitwear.
One for those with a less strict dress code, this jumper still looks more than presentable with pretty pointelle stitching.
Wear yours with cigarette trousers and loafers.
Enjoyed our guide for the best work jumpers for women? Why not check out the best winter coats?
We've also rounded up the season's best jumpers for outside work hours here.
And for more style tips, trends and products, make sure you visit our dedicated Sun Selects fashion section.
Source: Read Full Article